Wednesday, May 13, 2009


Brave Melba



Tinfoil wrappings



Our accordian player



They put matchbox covers on their noses and they had to get them off without their hands.
The girls love to drink tea.  Apparently they drink it a lot in the orphanage.  Their are plenty of herbal options but they prefer black tea.  I've heard it is common for these kids to go through withdrawals.  Yesterday Karina ordered and got herbal tea and asked why it wasn't black.  Also yesterday we didn't have tea and Natashia made them stawberry jam tea.  It was just what it sounds like.  After Karina finished the bottle of jam with a spoon.
Karina... The girl is sweet as can be.  She always is giving hugs and cuddles.  But when she wants something she will not accept no for an answer.  I'm not sure she understands the meaning of the word.  She doesn't usually carry on or pout she just keeps doing what she wants.  Today she took Liuba's toy from her.  No amount of coaxing from me or Liuba would pursuade her to give it back.
Communication is getting a little better.  The girls both still talk at me constantly but they are trying a little harder to make themselves understood with a few English words and gestures.  While I love having Natashia with us it introduces a handicap.  There isn't the incentive there that otherwise would be.
I am constantly amazed by what these kis eat.  They love vergetables and are always eating them plain and in salads.  Last night Karina ate a heaping plate of salad (cucumbers, tomatoes and radishes with fennil and oil).  Today Liuba did the same.
We took an excursion in the sea.  Natashia said it is called the black sea because it turns black in a storm.  Today was very green and beautiful.  I feel like I am living in a picture.  We are immediately surrounding by close and confined streets but in the distance are picturesque hills and mountains.
Times out in the internet cafe.  More tomorrow...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the garden that Dave, Emi, and Grace planted will grow well, then the girls will have lots of vegetables to eat this summer. Julee, those poor spiders looked like friendly spiders.
Love Fran

The Willie's said...

Fran you are crazy! Julee I hope that you guys killed them. Sorry that sounds so evil but I am with you Juls I hate spiders. Maybe it is because my family let me watch arachnophobia when I was little!:)
Nancy

wendy said...

I can't imagine anyone being able to rest after meeting up with the spiders, let alone the scorpions...maybe I won't travel...